Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Guest Bedroom is Finally Finished!

For the past few months I have been working on finishing my guest bedroom and this past weekend I finally finished it! I wish I had "before" pictures, but at the time it never occurred to me to take any. So, all I have is a ton of "after" pictures. To get a better idea of what the room looked like before, just picture the bed and white walls. Not a whole lot going on. The color palette that I chose for the room is dark chocolate, a mint green, and sky blue. Here is the finished product:



{It's hard to tell in the picture, but on the left I painted one wall Chocolate Brown, the other three walls are painted mint green.}

I also found a D.I.Y wall art project over at Rose Knows Coupons that I decided to do it on the opposite wall facing the bed. I knew I wanted something to take up the majority of the wall because there was so much empty space and I knew this D.I.Y would be perfect! This project is so simple and affordable. All you need is left over 12x12 scrapbook paper, 12x12 scrapbooking frames, a level, and a good eye!

Before

After

I got the scrap book frames at Michael's when they were on sale for $4.99 (originally $9.99) and also used at 25% off entire purchase coupon, so on frames I spent $37 bucks! Paper was .50 cents each, so the total cost for this project was $41.50. Of course you can save even more money by using left over paper that you have lying around the house.

I love to decorate. I think it's so much fun to create and design on a budget. You'd be amazed at some awesome things you can find at garage/estate sales, thrift stores, and even from the people closest to you.

In This Room:
Bed - borrowed
Bedding - borrowed
White lamp - borrowed
Decorative Pillows - gifts (I had these pillows from when I was still living at home)
Dresser - borrowed (this piece belongs to my sister, but because she's still in high school and is out of room in her bedroom, I am holding on to it until she moves out)
Mirror - garage sale: $1
Clock bird cage - garage sale: $1
Floral basket - garage sale: $1
Candlesticks - Christmas gift
Wall sconces: $19.99

Estimated cost for the entire room, including paint, about $100 bucks. I am so pleased with how this room turned out and amazed with the total cost.

Next rooms on the list:
*Office
*Laundry room
*Master bath

Have you decorated a spot in your home or completed any D.I.Y projects recently? How'd it turn out?

Happy Decorating!

No comments: